Thursday 7 April 2016

Travel | 4 Alternative Places to Shop in Dublin




 
Love a quirky, individual design shop as much as I do? 

Dublin is full of them, and that's one of the reasons I fell in love with this Irish city when we visited a few weeks back.

Wandering around we stumbled across so many unique shops tucked away down unassuming side streets, I wish we could have stayed longer as I am sure there.s more to discover. Here are the ones we found and loved....


Temple Bar

This tiny art shop in the busy Temple Bar area was not only packed with inspiring prints and accessories from independent artists but had the coolest interior layout. I loved the wooden pinhole noticeboard and the colour pop table used to display handmade jewellery. 

It's definitely worth a visit if you are in Temple Bar area and are looking for a unique piece of art or just want to appreciate the quirky interior.
 



Drury Street

If you are into cool concept stores and coffee shops, be sure to wander down Drury Street in Dublin, this is where the last three shops on my list are located and a destination for the lover of all things design. Although small The Irish Design Shop is packed full of simple stylish accessories for the home. I loved their clean layout and focus on local or handmade goods. 





Drury Street

By far my favourite store, this open plan shop/cafe is an Aladin's cave of style and home wares. Focusing on a Nordic/Scandi style of living, Industry makes you want to fill your home with anything wooden, wicker or woolen. I loved the cosy woven throws beautifully displayed on ladder shelves and simple light bulbs hanging from long extended cables. Major interior inspirations galore!
 




Con.sid.dered
Drury Street

We grabbed breakfast in Considered one morning and although the menu first enticed us in I was presently surprised at the beautiful home wares available to buy around the cafe too. Without looking like a shop the shelves display carefully selected pieces that make a statement in the kitchen and home. 

It was places like this that made me wish I had brought a bigger suitcase!


 
Cities are great places for exploring and discovering new things, I love stumbling across beautiful shops and concept stores along the way. I have picked up some great odeas to help decorate our house as well as some good DIY ideas!
 
I hope you have enjoyed these little tips, and if you are thinking of visiting Dublin anytime soon be sure to check them out!
 
Thanks for reading lovelies!
 
Anna 
x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig