Tuesday 18 November 2014

A weekend in London | Biking in Hyde Park & Dinner with a View



 My boyfriend and two best friends from home all live and work in London now so I am always popping down when I can to see them. This weekend was no exception, and seeing as it was such a fun and eventful few days I thought I would share with you exactly what I got up to.
I jumped on the train after work on Friday and got down in time to meet my friend to see one of our favourite musicians, Jamie T at Alexadra Palace. It was amazing, I last saw him eight years ago when I was about 16 and his first album, Panic Prevention is still one of my favourite albums of all time.

The next morning Tom and I grabbed some Boris bikes and headed to Hyde Park for a bit of sightseeing. It was the first time I have hired these bikes and love it. 

 I wore my favourite checked coat from River Island with a bright lime snood I knitted recently. 



 






I used three balls of wool at once to create the super chunky feel in a 'seed' stitch. Scroll down to see more photos of the snood close up.

After we stored the bikes we walked along the river and passed the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and through to the South Bank.
The Christmas stalls at the South Bank are already up and buzzing with tourists enjoying mulled wines, roasted nuts and locally sourced food. I started to feel very festive after seeing the maze of Christmas trees decorated with cute twinkling lights. 





 We stopped for a bit of light lunch at a small hut selling oven baked pizzas. We got a salami pizza which was made with fresh ingredients and cooked right in front of us. It as so delicious, I could have eaten another!





We headed home after a walk along the south bank to get ready for our meal up the Shard.

 I had been looking forward to the evening for months after Tom booked it as a special treat and celebration for the both of us. It is very rare we would do something like that but wanted to head up to see the view. It would cost £25 to go to see the view on its own, so we thought putting that towards a meal and getting the view as well was a great idea.
 

  
The view was breathtaking, London all light up at night is so beautiful. We were sat at a table right next to the floor to ceiling windows and to the left of the room so could see the London eye and London Bridge underneath us. The restaurant was on the 32 floor about halfway up, and felt like you were in the clouds.
I wore a black and white dress from the Nicole Scherzinger range at Missguided and a clutch from Miss Selfridge.



  
After an exhausting weekend I headed back up north on Sunday night with another knitted snood project to keep me occupied whilst on the train. 

I hope you liked my photos, I would love to hear your experiences of visits up the Shard. Or if you have been to London recently.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the scarf! What kind of pattern, wool, needles did you use?

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig