Tuesday 29 July 2014

DIY | Homemade Lemon & Honey Facemask


I love treating myself to a facial when I can afford a trip to the spa. But sometimes my budget won’t stretch to include this little luxury, so I often do my own facials at home. This weekend has been nothing but amazing but come Monday morning my skin looked dull, tired and lacking in glow. So I thought I’d show you one of my favourite homemade masks that’s perfect for post-busy-weekend skin.


This easy all natural recipe helps brighten, nourish and refresh my skin and uses in-expensive ingredients found in my kitchen. My skin felt super smooth and refreshed after this mask and was glowing for the whole day after.

You will need: 
1 lemon
1 tablespoon of pure clear honey


Lemon is well known for its vitamin C and antioxidant properties, which make it a perfect ingredient to use on your face. It can help boost skins natural glow, reduce redness of spots and tighten pores. Mixed with honey it is even more of a skin saviour. Honey also contains natural antioxidants as well as being antibacterial and is often used in many facial moisturisers as its helps keep skin soft, supple and nourished.

 
Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into a small bowl, catching any pips in your hand. Add 1 tablespoon on honey and mix around until it is a good consistency. 

Prep your face by cleansing to remove any excess dirt or makeup, and open pore with a warm damp towel. Use your fingertips to gently massage the facemask over your skin avoiding your eyes and mouth. This bit can get a little messy so have a towel handy or apply your mask over the bathroom skin.



Relax and let the ingredients work their magic for around 10 minutes then wash off using warm water or cotton pads soaked in warm water. 

 
If you want a little bit extra from your face mask…

Try mixing in a teaspoon of soft brown sugar to create a gentle natural exfoliator that will remove dead skin cells to help brighten and even out skin tone. 


 
If your eyes need a little pick-me-up, try brewing green tea in a mug and dipping cotton pads in once it has cooled. Place them over closed lids whilst you’re letting your mask soak in. Green tea is not only delicious to drink its ingredients can help energise eyes and prevent wrinkles when used in this way.


I would love to hear your suggestions for natural alternatives to beauty products and if you have tried this facial too!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig